Min Tankes Tanke ene du er vorden, Du er mit Hjertes første Kærlighed. Jeg elsker Dig, som Ingen her på Jorden, Jeg elsker Dig i Tid og Evighed!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Hans Christian Andersen (1805 - 1875), "Min Tankes Tanke", written 1833, from Samlede Digte - Epigrammatiske Digte XII [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Edvard Grieg (1843 - 1907), "Jeg elsker Dig", op. 5 no. 3 (1864), published 1865, from Hjertets melodier, no. 3, also set in German (Deutsch) [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Peter Erasmus Lange-Müller (1850 - 1926), "Min Tankes Tanke ene du er vorden " [ voice and piano ] [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Franz (Friedrich) von Holstein (1826 - 1878) , "Ich liebe dich" [an adaptation] DUT ENG FRE IRI SPA ; composed by Edvard Grieg, Otto Hohlfeld, Johann Heinrich Samuel "Marcel" Sulzberger.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Nils Lid Hjort) , "I love you", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Je t'aime", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- IRI Irish (Gaelic) [singable] (Gabriel Rosenstock) , copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:15
Line count: 4
Word count: 28