Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Min Tankes Tanke ene du er vorden, Du er mit Hjertes første Kærlighed. Jeg elsker Dig, som Ingen her på Jorden, Jeg elsker Dig i Tid og Evighed!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Hans Christian Andersen (1805 - 1875), "Min Tankes Tanke", written 1833, from Samlede Digte - Epigrammatiske Digte XII [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Edvard Grieg (1843 - 1907), "Jeg elsker Dig", op. 5 no. 3 (1864), published 1865, from Hjertets melodier, no. 3, also set in German (Deutsch) [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Peter Erasmus Lange-Müller (1850 - 1926), "Min Tankes Tanke ene du er vorden " [ voice and piano ] [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Franz (Friedrich) von Holstein (1826 - 1878) , "Ich liebe dich" [an adaptation] DUT ENG FRE IRI SPA ; composed by Edvard Grieg, Otto Hohlfeld, Johann Heinrich Samuel "Marcel" Sulzberger.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Nils Lid Hjort) , "I love you", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Je t'aime", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- IRI Irish (Gaelic) [singable] (Gabriel Rosenstock) , copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:15
Line count: 4
Word count: 28
Tu es devenu l'unique pensée de mes pensées, Tu es le premier amour de mon cœur. Je t'aime, comme personne sur Terre, Je t'aime en cet instant et pour l'éternité !
- Translation from Danish (Dansk) to French (Français) copyright © 2008 by Pierre Mathé, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Danish (Dansk) by Hans Christian Andersen (1805 - 1875), "Min Tankes Tanke", written 1833, from Samlede Digte - Epigrammatiske Digte XII
Text added to the website: 2008-05-03 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:42
Line count: 4
Word count: 31