V dobrým sme se sešli, v dobrým se rozejdem, takeli, můj synečku, můj na sebe zapomenem? Já na tě zpomenu, to nejednó v roce, já na tě má panenko, já na tě v každém kroce.
- from Volkslieder (Folksongs) , from a collection of Moravian folk songs compiled by František Sušil [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Antonín Dvořák (1841 - 1904), "V dobrým sme se sešli", op. 29b no. 4, B. 60 no. 4 (1876) [duet for soprano and alto with piano], from Moravské dvojzpevy II. rada (Moravian Duets 2nd series), no. 4, also set in German (Deutsch) [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Josef Srb-Debrnov (1836 - 1904) ENG ITA ; composed by Antonín Dvořák.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English [singable] (John Bernhoff) , "Ere we part, love, kiss me ..."
- GER German (Deutsch) (Kurt Honolka) , "Scheiden ohne Leiden", copyright ©
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Carla Bellini) , "Separazione senza sofferenza", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 35