No quise. No quise decirte nada. Vi en tus ojos dos arbolitos locos. De brisa, de risa y de oro. Se meneaban. No quise. No quise decirte nada.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Federico García Lorca (1898 - 1936), "Al oído de una muchacha", appears in Canciones, in Juegos, first published 1921-4 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Fernando García Arancibia (b. 1930), "Al oído", op. 42 no. 2 (1969) [ tenor and piano (version for soprano and piano: 1984) ], from Cantos de otoño, no. 2 [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Fernando García Arancibia (b. 1930), "Al oído", op. 23 no. 1 (1959) [ mezzo-soprano and trombone ], from Cantos de angustia, no. 1 [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Yury Nikolaevich (Nasonovich) Tynyanov (1894 - 1943) ENG FRE ; composed by V. D'yachenko.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Poom Pipatjarasgit) , copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2008-07-13
Line count: 8
Word count: 28