君知妾有夫，赠妾双明珠。 感君缠绵意，系在红罗襦。 妾家高楼连苑起，良人执戟明光里。 知君用心如日月，事夫誓拟同生死。 还君明珠双泪垂，恨不相逢未嫁时。
- by Chang Chi (710 - 782), "节妇吟·寄东平李司空师道" [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Henri Pierre Roché (1879 - 1959) ; composed by Albert Roussel.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Judith Gautier (1845 - 1917) , "L'épouse vertueuse", appears in Le livre de jade, 1867 edition, in 1. Les amoureux, no. 4, Paris, Alphonse Lemerre, first published 1867 ; composed by Gabriel-André Fabre.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Herbert Allen Giles) , no title, New York, London: D. Appleton and Co., first published 1924
Researcher for this text: YiLing Chaing
This text was added to the website: 2020-08-28
Line count: 5
Word count: 5