1 [Alleluja.] Laudate Dominum, omnes gentes; laudate eum, omnes populi. 2 Quoniam confirmata est super nos misericordia eius, et veritas Domini manet in aeternum.
F. Schmitt sets line 1
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalmus 116 (117)" [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by José Carlos do Amaral Vieira Filho (b. 1952), "Laudate Dominum - Psalm 116", op. 226 (1987), first performed 1987 [ mezzo-soprano and string quartet ] [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Marcel Dupré (1886 - 1971), "Laudate Dominum", op. 9 no. 4 [ chorus ], from Quatre Motets, no. 4, motet
- by Florent Schmitt (1870 - 1958), "Laudate Dominum ", op. 60 no. 5 (1917), published 1918 [ TTBB chorus and organ ], from Five Motets with Accompaniment, no. 5, Paris: Durand
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts DUT LAT ; composed by Andrew Schneider.
- Also set in Latin, adapted by Bible or other Sacred Texts [an adaptation] DUT ENG ; composed by Georg Philipp Telemann.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2004-03-26
Line count: 5
Word count: 24