O bone Jesu, miserere nobis, quia tu creasti nos, tu redemisti nos sanguine tuo praetiosissimo.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "O bone Jesu", op. 37 no. 1, published 1866 [SSAA chorus a cappella], from Drei geistliche Chöre für Frauenstimmen (2 Sopran und 2 Alt), no. 1, Leipzig, Rieter-Biedermann [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "O gracious Jesus", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "O gütiger Jesus", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "O goede Jesus"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Ô doux Jésus", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website: 2005-08-29 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:14
Line count: 3
Word count: 15