Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
O bone Jesu, miserere nobis, quia tu creasti nos, tu redemisti nos sanguine tuo praetiosissimo.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "O bone Jesu", op. 37 no. 1, published 1866 [ SSAA chorus a cappella ], from Drei geistliche Chöre für Frauenstimmen (2 Sopran und 2 Alt), no. 1, Leipzig, Rieter-Biedermann [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "O goede Jesus", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , "O gracious Jesus", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Ô doux Jésus", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "O gütiger Jesus", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2005-08-29
Line count: 3
Word count: 15
O goede Jesus, ontferm U over ons, want Gij hebt ons geschapen, Gij hebt ons verlost door uw allerkostbaarst bloed.
- Translation from Latin to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2020 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., please ask the copyright-holder(s) directly.
Lau Kanen.  Contact: lcpkanen (AT) gmail (DOT) com
If the copyright-holder(s) are unreachable for three business days, please write to:
This text was added to the website: 2007-09-27
Line count: 3
Word count: 20