Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Synku miły i wybrany. Rozdziel z matką swoje rany; A wszakom cię, synku miły, w swem sercu nosiła. A takież tobie wiernie służyła. Przemow k matce, bych się ucieszyła, Bo już jidziesz ode mnie, moja nadzieja miła.
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , Lamentation of the Holy Cross Monastery [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Henryk Mikołaj Górecki (1933 - 2010), "Lento, sostenuto tranquillo ma cantabile", op. 36 no. 1 [soprano and orchestra], from Symphony no. 3 (Symphony of Sorrowful Songs), no. 1. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (unknown or anonymous translator) , "Lento, sostenuto tranquillo ma cantabile"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Lento, sostenuto tranquillo ma cantabile", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Lento, sostenuto tranquillo ma cantabile", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ahmed E. Ismail
This text was added to the website: 2006-01-09
Line count: 9
Word count: 37
Figlio mio, desiderato e amato, lascia che tua madre condivida le tue sofferenze, E poiché, figlio mio caro, ti ho sempre tenuto sul mio cuore e amorosamente accudito, parla a tua madre, falla felice, anche se, mia cara speranza, mi stai lasciando per sempre.
Lamentazione del Monastero della Santa Croce (15
- Translation from Polish (Polski) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2007 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Polish (Polski) by Bible or other Sacred Texts , Lamentation of the Holy Cross Monastery
This text was added to the website: 2007-12-04
Line count: 9
Word count: 44