— This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by George Gordon Noel Byron, Lord Byron (1788 - 1824), "Thy days are done", appears in Hebrew Melodies, no. 11, first published 1815
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Julius Tausch (1827 - 1895), "Concertstück für Männerchor und Orchester", op. 12, published 1876 [TTBB chorus and orchestra]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Franz Theremin (1780 - 1846) , appears in Hebräische Gesänge, first published 1820 FRE ; composed by Johann Karl Gottfried Loewe.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Karl Julius Körner (1793 - 1873) , "Dem Helden", appears in Israelitische Gesänge, no. 11, first published 1821 DUT ENG FRE ; composed by Robert Schumann.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Adolf Böttger (1815 - 1870) , "Dein Leben schied, dein Ruhm begann", appears in Hebräische Melodien, no. 11, first published 1841 FRE ; composed by Carl Georg Peter Grädener, Max Seifriz.
This page was added to the website: 2008-07-22