Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Slavíkovský polečko malý, nebudeme, synečku, svoji, nebudeme, néní to možná, ani nám to, můj synečku, tvá mama nedá. Co pak je nám po našé mamě, naša mama, nama neviádne. Jenom ty mě, má panenko, jenom ty měchcej. Jenom ty mač na debró noe ručenky podej.
- from Volkslieder (Folksongs) , from a collection of Moravian folk songs compiled by František Sušil [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Antonín Dvořák (1841 - 1904), "Slavíkovský polečko malý", op. 29b no. 5, B. 60 no. 5 (1876) [duet for soprano and alto with piano], from Moravské dvojzpevy II. rada (Moravian Duets 2nd series), no. 5, also set in German (Deutsch) [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Josef Srb-Debrnov (1836 - 1904) ENG ITA ; composed by Antonín Dvořák.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English [singable] (John Bernhoff) , "Small our hamlet ..."
- GER German (Deutsch) (Kurt Honolka) , "Das Pfand der Liebe", copyright ©
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Carla Bellini) , "Il pegno d'amore", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 9
Word count: 45
Minuscolo è il campicello, il campicello, mai, amore mio, mai sarò tua mai accadrà, tua madre, amore mio, non acconsentirà mai. Che ci importa della parola di mia madre, mia madre non ci può comandare, che mi importa della parola, la parola della madre, mia madre, lei non ci comanda. Se solo tu, amatissima, se solo tu mi ami, e mi dai la tua cara manina come buona notte...
- Translation from Moravian (Moravština) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2008 by Carla Bellini, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Carla Bellini.  Contact: contact Amici Musica di Padova -- info (AT) amicimusicapadova (DOT) orgIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
- a text in Moravian (Moravština) from Volkslieder (Folksongs) , from a collection of Moravian folk songs compiled by František Sušil
This text was added to the website: 2008-11-06
Line count: 9
Word count: 69