Caro mio ben, credimi almen, senza di te languisce il cor. Il tuo fedel sospira ognor. Cessa, crudel, tanto rigor!
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Scott Gendel (b. 1977), "Caro mio ben", 2002-2013 [ voice and piano ], from Italian Art Songs & Arias, Reimagined, no. 1 [sung text checked 1 time]
- misattributed to Giuseppe Giordani (Giordanello) (1751 - 1798) and by Tommaso Giordani (c1733 - 1806), "Caro mio ben", note: long misattributed to G. Giordani, current scholarship indicates the older brother Tommaso as the composer (cf. John Glenn Paton, 26 Italian Songs and Arias, Alfred Publishing) [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (John Glenn Paton) , "My dear beloved", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English [singable] (Theodore Baker) , "Thou, all my bliss"
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Mein teurer Geliebter", copyright © 2001, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Herzliebster mein", copyright © 2001, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Débora Letícia Batista) , "Meu caro bem", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Aminta Iriarte) , "Mi querido", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 20