Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Kommt dir manchmal in den Sinn, mein süßes Lieb, Was du einst mit heil'gem Eide mir gelobt? Täusch mich nicht, verlaß mich nicht, Du weißt nicht, wie lieb ich dich hab, Lieb du mich, wie ich dich, Dann strömt Gottes Huld auf dich herab!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Hugo Conrat (1845 - 1906) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Kommt dir manchmal in den Sinn, mein süßes Lieb
", op. 103 no. 7 (1887/8), published 1888 [voice or SATB chorus and piano], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 7, Berlin, Simrock [text verified 1 time]
- by Gunnar de Frumerie (1908 - 1987), "Kommt dir manchmal", 1927 [voice and piano], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 7. [text not verified]
- by Hans Melcher Svensson (1882 - 1961), "Kommt dir manchmal in den Sinn, mein süßes Lieb
", 1910, orchestrated 1920 [voice and piano], from Acht Zigeunerlieder, no. 6. [text not verified]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Leonard Lehrman) , title 1: "Art thou thinking often now, sweetheart, my love", copyright © 1996, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Mio dolce amore, ti rammenti a volte", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:24
Line count: 6
Word count: 44
Mio dolce amore, ti rammenti a volte, ciò che con sacra promessa mi giurasti? Non mi ingannare, non lasciarmi mai, tu non sai quanto ti voglio bene, amami sempre, come io ti amo, e su di te scenderà la grazia di Dio!
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2009 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2009-02-23 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:08
Line count: 6
Word count: 42