Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Kommt dir manchmal in den Sinn, mein süßes Lieb, Was du einst mit heil'gem Eide mir gelobt? Täusch mich nicht, verlaß mich nicht, Du weißt nicht, wie lieb ich dich hab, Lieb du mich, wie ich dich, Dann strömt Gottes Huld auf dich herab!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Hugo Conrat (1845 - 1906) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Kommt dir manchmal in den Sinn, mein süßes Lieb", op. 103 no. 7 (1887/8), published 1888 [ voice or SATB chorus and piano ], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 7, Berlin, Simrock [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Gunnar de Frumerie (1908 - 1987), "Kommt dir manchmal", 1927 [ voice and piano ], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 7 [sung text not yet checked]
- by Hans Melcher Svensson (1882 - 1961), "Kommt dir manchmal in den Sinn, mein süßes Lieb", 1910, orchestrated 1920 [ voice and piano ], from Acht Zigeunerlieder, no. 6 [sung text not yet checked]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , copyright © 2019
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Mio dolce amore, ti rammenti a volte", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 6
Word count: 44
Mio dolce amore, ti rammenti a volte, ciò che con sacra promessa mi giurasti? Non mi ingannare, non lasciarmi mai, tu non sai quanto ti voglio bene, amami sempre, come io ti amo, e su di te scenderà la grazia di Dio!
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2009 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2009-02-23
Line count: 6
Word count: 42