Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Hier in diesen erdbeklomm'nen Lüften, wo die Wehmut taut, Hab' ich dir den unvollkomm'nen Kranz geflochten, Schwester, Braut! Wenn uns droben Aufgenomm'nen Gottes Sohn' entgegenschaut, Wird die Liebe den vollkomm'nen Kranz uns flechten, Schwester, Braut.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Friedrich Rückert (1788 - 1866), no title, appears in Lyrische Gedichte, in 3. Liebesfrühling, in 1. Erster Strauß. Erwacht, no. 65 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "Zum Schluß", op. 25 no. 26 (1840), published 1840 [voice and piano], from Myrten, no. 26, Leipzig, Kistner [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Marta Garcia Cadena) , "Per acabar", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Ten slotte", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , no title, copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "In chiusura", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 35
Qui nell'aria dalla terra oppressa, dove malinconia come rugiada goccia, ho intrecciato una ghirlanda incompiuta per te, sorella, sposa! Quando noi saremo accolti là in alto, dove il Figlio di Dio su noi lo sguardo posa, l'Amore finirà di intrecciare quel serto, per noi, sorella, sposa!
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Friedrich Rückert (1788 - 1866), no title, appears in Lyrische Gedichte, in 3. Liebesfrühling, in 1. Erster Strauß. Erwacht, no. 65
This text was added to the website: 2010-01-11
Line count: 8
Word count: 46