Beati mortui in Domino morientes deinceps. Dicit enim spiritus, ut requescant a laboribus suis et opera illorum sequuntur ipsos.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ferenc Farkas (1905 - 2000), "Beati mortui", 1994, copyright © 1995 [ four-part mixed chorus ], Ascolta Publishing [sung text not yet checked]
- by Felix Mendelssohn (1809 - 1847), "Beati mortui", op. posth. 115 no. 1 [ TTBB chorus a cappella ], also set in German (Deutsch) [sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation possibly by Felix Mendelssohn (1809 - 1847); composed by Felix Mendelssohn.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "Gelukkig de doden", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Bible or other Sacred Texts) , King James Bible, Revelations 14:13
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Lau Kanen [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2010-02-17
Line count: 4
Word count: 19