Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Beati mortui in Domino morientes deinceps. Dicit enim spiritus, ut requescant a laboribus suis et opera illorum sequuntur ipsos.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ferenc Farkas (1905 - 2000), "Beati mortui", 1994, copyright © 1995 [ four-part mixed chorus ], Ascolta Publishing [sung text not yet checked]
- by Felix Mendelssohn (1809 - 1847), "Beati mortui", op. posth. 115 no. 1 [ TTBB chorus a cappella ], also set in German (Deutsch) [sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation possibly by Felix Mendelssohn (1809 - 1847); composed by Felix Mendelssohn.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "Gelukkig de doden", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Bible or other Sacred Texts) , King James Bible, Revelations 14:13
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Lau Kanen [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2010-02-17
Line count: 4
Word count: 19
Gelukkig de doden die voortaan in de Heer sterven. De Geest zegt immers, Dat zij van hun inspanningen mogen uitrusten, En hun werken vergezellen hen.
- Translation from Latin to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2019 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., please ask the copyright-holder(s) directly.
Lau Kanen.  Contact: lcpkanen (AT) gmail (DOT) com
If the copyright-holder(s) are unreachable for three business days, please write to:
This text was added to the website: 2019-06-27
Line count: 4
Word count: 25