Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Komm, liebe Zither, komm, du Freundin stiller Liebe, Du sollst auch meine Freundin sein. Komm, dir vertraue ich die geheimsten meiner Triebe, Nur dir vertrau ich meine Pein. Sag' ihr an meiner Statt, ich darf's ihr noch nicht sagen, Wie ihr so ganz mein Herz gehört. Sag' ihr an meiner Statt, ich darf's ihr noch nicht klagen, Wie sich für sie mein Herz verzehrt.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Komm, liebe Zither", K. 351. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Komm, liebe Zither", K. 367b [ sung text verified 1 time]
Set in a modified version by Anton Diabelli.
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Kom, lieve citer", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Linda Godry) , "Come here, dear zither mine, come", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Viens, chère cithare", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Vieni, mia amata cetra", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Covadonga González Bernardo) , "Ven, querida cítara", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 64
Vieni mia amata cetra, amica di un amore segreto, sii anche per me un'amica. Vieni, a te confiderò i miei più reconditi impulsi, solo a te rivelerò le mie pene. Diglielo tu al posto mio, ancora non posso dirle, come il mio cuore tutto le appartiene. Diglielo tu per me, non posso ancora confidarle, quanto il mio cuore per lei si consuma.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2010-03-13
Line count: 8
Word count: 62