Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Nichts ist gekommen, nichts wird kommen für meine Seele. Ich habe gewartet, gewartet, oh - gewartet! Die Tage werden dahinschleichen, und umsonst wehen meine aschblonden seidenen Haare um mein bleiches Antlitz!
- by Richard Engländer (1859 - 1919), as Peter Altenberg [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Alban Maria Johannes Berg (1885 - 1935), "Nichts is gekommen", from Fünf Orchesterlieder nach Ansichtskartentexten von Peter Altenberg, no. 4 [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Anne Ozorio) , "Nothing comes, nothing will ever come for my Soul", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Niente è arrivato", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Jeroen Scholten
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 31
Niente è arrivato, e niente arriverà per la mia anima. Quanto ho aspettato, aspettato, aspettato! Scivoleranno via lente le giornate, e invano danzano i miei capelli di cenere attorno al volto pallido!
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Richard Engländer (1859 - 1919), as Peter Altenberg
This text was added to the website: 2010-03-24
Line count: 4
Word count: 32