Et cette herbe délicieuse . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in Persian (Farsi) by Hakim Omar Khayyám (c1048 - c1122) [text unavailable]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Francisco Mignone (1897 - 1986), "Et cette herbe délicieuse", 1932 [voice and piano], from Les Rubaiyat, no. 5
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Edward Fitzgerald (1809 - 1883) , no title, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, First Edition, no. 19, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, Second Edition, no. 25, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, Third Edition, no. 20, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, Fourth Edition, no. 20, first published 1859 FRE ; composed by Granville Ransome Bantock, Sir, Emma Lou Diemer, Liza Lehmann.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Jean-Baptiste Nicolas (1814 - 1875) , no title, appears in Les Quatrains de Khèyam, no. 59, first published 1867 ENG ; composed by Germain Desbonnet.
This page was added to the website: 2010-07-13