Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Tout gai! gai, Ha, tout gai! [Belle jambe, tireli, qui danse; Belle jambe]1, la vaisselle danse, Tra la la la la...
1 as printed according to the Dover score; however, one CD booklet has "Belle jambes, tireli, qui dansent;/ Belle jambes".
- by Michel Dimitri Calvocoressi (1877 - 1944) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Maurice Ravel (1875 - 1937), "Tout gai!", M. A. 9 no. 5 (1904-6), published 1909 [voice and piano], from Cinq mélodies populaires grecques, no. 5, not originally part of this cycle; based on Hubert Pernot's "6 Chanson grecque de l'Ile de Chio" [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Everyone is Joyous!", copyright ©
- GER German (Deutsch) (Maria Th. Langsch) , title 1: "Ganz heiter!", 2004, copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Alfredo García) , title 1: "¡Venga alegría!", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Tutto è allegro!", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- HUN Hungarian (Magyar) (Tamás Dániel Csűry) , title 1: "Csupa vidámság!", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 21
Tutto è allegro! Allegro, ah, tutto allegro! Belle gambe, tra-la-li, che danzano; Belle gambe, ballano perfino le stoviglie, Tra la la la la ...
- Translation from French (Français) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2010-09-06
Line count: 4
Word count: 24