Auf morgen ist Sanct Valentinstag . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist, appears in Hamlet and misattributed to William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616)
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Eduard Lassen (1830 - 1904), "Auf morgen ist Sanct Valentinstag", op. 74 (Drei Lieder für 1 Stimme mit Pianofortebegleitung) no. 1f, published 1883 [soprano and piano], from 7 Ophelia-Lieder aus Hamlet für Sopran, no. 6, Breslau, Hainauer
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by August Wilhelm Schlegel (1767 - 1845) , no title [an adaptation] ENG FRE ITA ; composed by Johannes Brahms.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Karl Joseph Simrock (1802 - 1876) , no title, appears in Shakespeare in deutscher Übersetzung, in 6. Hamlet, first published 1868 [an adaptation] DUT ENG FRE FRE and sometimes misattributed to Ludwig Wilhelm Friedrich Seeger (1810 - 1864) DUT ENG FRE FRE ; composed by Richard Georg Strauss.
This page was added to the website: 2010-09-29