Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Ich werde mich nicht müde werden lassen. Ich werde in meine Novelle hineinspringen und wenn es mir das Gesicht zerschneiden sollte.
- by Franz Kafka (1883 - 1924) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by György Kurtág (b. 1926), "Stolz (1910/15. November, zehn Uhr)", op. 24 no. 1q (1985-6) [ soprano and violin ], from Kafka-Fragmente, no. 1q [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "Proud (November 15, 1910, 10 o'clock)", subtitle: "I won't let myself get tired.", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Fierté (1910, 15 novembre, dix heures)", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ferdinando Albeggiani
Text added to the website: 2009-05-20 00:00:00
Last modified: 2020-01-08 20:05:37
Line count: 3
Word count: 21
I won't let myself get tired. I will dive into my novel even if my face gets sliced up.
Subtitle: "I won't let myself get tired."
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2020 by Laura Prichard, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2020-01-08 00:00:00
Last modified: 2020-01-08 00:20:41
Line count: 3
Word count: 19