— This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Hakim Omar Khayyám (c1048 - c1122)
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- [ None yet in the database ]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Edward Fitzgerald (1809 - 1883) , no title, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, First Edition, no. 29, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, Second Edition, no. 32, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, Third Edition, no. 29, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, Fourth Edition, no. 29, first published 1859 ; composed by Granville Ransome Bantock, Sir, Henry Houseley, Michael Richard Miller.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Jean-Baptiste Nicolas (1814 - 1875) , no title, appears in Les Quatrains de Khèyam, no. 22, first published 1867 ; composed by Germain Desbonnet.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Frédéric Roger-Cornaz (1883 - 1970) , appears in Omar Khayyám. Les Rubáiyát, Paris, Éd. Librairie Payot et Cie ; composed by René Lenormand.
- Also set in Spanish (Español), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ; composed by Luis Sandi.
This page was added to the website: 2011-06-20