Thank you for visiting!
If you haven't already, please consider donating.
Visitor donations keep us online and growing!
by Karl Maria Kertbeny (1824 - 1882)
Translation Singable translation by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
The snow lies thick
Language: English  after the German (Deutsch)
The snow lies thick . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- Singable translation by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Karl Maria Kertbeny (1824 - 1882), "Der Schnee ist glatt", appears in Dichtungen von Alexander Petőfi, in Volkslieder, no. 9
- a text in Hungarian (Magyar) by Sándor Petőfi (1823 - 1849), "Síkos a hó", written 1843
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Maude Valérie White (1855 - 1937), "The snow lies thick", published 1888? [ voice and piano ], from New Albums of Songs with German and English Words, Volume 2, no. 9, London: Pitt & Hatzfeld, also set in German (Deutsch)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by László Neugebauer von Aszód (1845 - 1919) , "Glatt ist der Schnee ..." ; composed by Jenő Hubay.
This page was added to the website: 2013-09-24