Author: Margaret E. Bache
Texts set to music as art song or choral works [warning - not necessarily comprehensive]
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- All softly wakened in my heart the thought of love (A myrtle spray)
- A myrtle spray (All softly wakened in my heart the thought of love)
- Awaking (The night is past, to Thee I bow)
- By Shannon's Stream (Why stand the maidens grieving lone) GER
- Evening (Now, Love, 'tis time to sever)
- From the Song of Salomon (My Love is mine, for ever mine!)
- In happy reverie, thoughts entrancing
- Love's recompense (Sweet sounds the voice of song)
- My heart's ain dearest treasure
- My Love is mine, for ever mine! (From the Song of Salomon)
- Now, Love, 'tis time to sever (Evening)
- Sweet sounds the voice of song, when all is still (Love's recompense)
- Sweet sounds the voice of song (Love's recompense)
- The night is past, to Thee I bow (Awaking)
- Why stand the maidens grieving lone GER (By Shannon's Stream)
Last update: 2021-03-08 15:12:08