Thank you for visiting!
If you haven't already, please consider donating.
Visitor donations keep us online and growing!
by Stéphane Mallarmé (1842 - 1898)
Language: French (Français)
Ces cailloux, tu les nivelles Et c'est, comme troubadour, Un cube aussi de cervelles Qu'il me faut ouvrir par jour.
- by Stéphane Mallarmé (1842 - 1898), "Le cantonnier", appears in Poésies, in Feuillets d'Album, in Chansons bas, no. 3 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Claude Ballif (1924 - 2004), "Le cantonnier", op. 3 no. 1 (1956?), published 1956 [ voice and piano ], from Chansons bas, no. 1, Édition Bote & Bock [sung text not yet checked]
- by Barbara Kolb (b. 1939), "Le cantonnier", published 1966 [ soprano, harp, percussion (2 players) ], from Chansons bas, no. 1, New York, Carl Fischer [sung text not yet checked]
- by Darius Milhaud (1892 - 1974), "Le Cantonnier", op. 44b no. 3 (1917), published 1920, first performed 1919 [ voice and piano ], from Chansons bas, no. 3, Éd. Max Eschig [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Louise-Marie Simon (1903 - 1990), as Claude Arrieu, "Le cantonnier", 1936, published 1937 [ medium voice and piano ], from Chansons bas, no. 3, Paris, Éd. Heugel [sung text not yet checked]
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2013-11-21
Line count: 4
Word count: 20