Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Herr Gott, du bist unser Zuflucht für und für. Ehe denn die Berge worden, und die Erde und die Welt erschaffen worden, bist du Gott von Ewigkeit zu Ewigkeit. Halleluja!
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts [an adaptation] [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Felix Mendelssohn (1809 - 1847), "Am Neujahrstage", op. posth. 79 no. 2 (1843-46) [ SSAATTBB chorus ], from Sechs Sprüche (Six Motets), no. 2, Leipzig: Breitkopf & Härtel [sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalm 89 (90)" [an adaptation] ; composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "Per al dia d'any nou", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Pour le jour de l'an", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2014-09-17
Line count: 4
Word count: 30
Seigneur Dieu, tu es notre refuge pour toujours. Avant que les montagnes soient et que le terre et le monde aient été créés, tu étais Dieu de toute éternité. Alléluia !
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2016 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2016-04-12
Line count: 4
Word count: 31