Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Cum angelis et pueris fideles inveniamur, triumphatori mortis clamantes: Hosanna [in excelsis]1.
About the headline (FAQ)View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Corpus Antiphonalium Officii Vol. III Invitatoria et Antiphonae. Editio Critica. Editum a Renato-Joanne Hesbert Monacho Solesmensi. Casa Editrice Herder - Roma 1968, page 117 (CAO number 1974).1 omitted by Schubert
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , no title [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Cum Angelis et pueris", op. posth. 113 no. 5, D 696 no. 5 (1820), published 1829 [ satb chorus a cappella ], from Sechs Antiphonen zur Palmweihe am Palmsonntag, no. 5 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "Met engelen en kinderen"
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "With angels and children", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Avec les anges et les enfants", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor] , Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2011-11-06
Line count: 4
Word count: 12
With angels and children the faithful came, to the conqueror of death, crying: 'Hosanna!
- Translation from Latin to English copyright © 2016 by Laura Prichard, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2016-05-19
Line count: 4
Word count: 14