Gloria Tibi, Domine, et sancto nomini tuo. Gloria Patri, Filio, et Spiritui Sancto.
The text shown is a variant of another text.
It is based on
- a text in Greek (Ελληνικά) by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Δόξα Πατρὶ (Gloria Patri)"
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "The Gloria Patri" DUT FIN FRE GER LAT LAT ; composed by Benjamin Britten, William Byrd, Paul Patterson, Henry Purcell, Thomas Tomkins.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts DUT ENG FIN FRE LAT LAT ; composed by Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Heinrich Schütz.
- Also set in Latin, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Gloria Patri" DUT ENG FIN FRE GER SPA ; composed by Marcel Dupré, Robert Fayrfax, Hildegard von Bingen, Gustav Holst, Josquin des Prez, Paweł Łukaszewski, Richard Monk, John Nesbitt, Florent Schmitt, Tomás Luis de Victoria, Antonio Vivaldi.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Bertram Kottmann
This text was added to the website: 2016-08-16
Line count: 4
Word count: 13