Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
O sacrum convivium! in quo Christus sumitur: recolitur memoria passionis ejus: mens impletur gratia, et futurae gloriae nobis pignus datur.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Antonio Caldara (1670 - 1736), "O sacrum convivium" [ 2 sopranos and bass voices and organ continuo ] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Andrea Gabrieli (c1533 - 1585), "O sacrum convivium" [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Roland de Lassus (1532 - 1594), "O sacrum convivium", published 1582 [ SATTB chorus a cappella ], from Sacrae cantiones quinque vocum, no. 7 [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Olivier Messiaen (1908 - 1992), "O sacrum convivium" [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Thomas Tallis (c1505 - 1585), "O sacrum convivium", published 1575, from Cantiones Sacrae, no. 9 [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "O heilig gastmaal", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Grant Hicks) , "O sacred banquet", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Paolo Montanari) , "O sacro convito", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2005-01-12
Line count: 6
Word count: 20
O heiliges Gastmahl, in welchem Christus empfangen wird: das Gedenken seiner Leiden wird erneuert, die Seele von Dank erfüllt, und ein Pfand künftiger Ehre uns gegeben. Halleluja.
About the headline (FAQ)
- Translation from Latin to German (Deutsch) copyright © 2016 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann.  Contact: BKottmann (AT) t-online.deIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
This text was added to the website: 2016-09-09
Line count: 6
Word count: 27