Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
O sacrum convivium! in quo Christus sumitur: recolitur memoria passionis ejus: mens impletur gratia, et futurae gloriae nobis pignus datur.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Antonio Caldara (1670 - 1736), "O sacrum convivium" [ 2 sopranos and bass voices and organ continuo ] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Andrea Gabrieli (c1533 - 1585), "O sacrum convivium" [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Roland de Lassus (1532 - 1594), "O sacrum convivium", published 1582 [ SATTB chorus a cappella ], from Sacrae cantiones quinque vocum, no. 7 [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Olivier Messiaen (1908 - 1992), "O sacrum convivium" [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Thomas Tallis (c1505 - 1585), "O sacrum convivium", published 1575, from Cantiones Sacrae, no. 9 [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "O heilig gastmaal", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Grant Hicks) , "O sacred banquet", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Paolo Montanari) , "O sacro convito", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website: 2005-01-12 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:12
Line count: 6
Word count: 20
O heilig gastmaal! Waarbij Christus genuttigd wordt, De herinnering aan zijn lijden gevierd, De geest met genade vervuld, En waarbij van de toekomstige glorie Ons een onderpand gegeven wordt.
- Translation from Latin to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2019 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2019-06-21 00:00:00
Last modified: 2019-06-21 10:20:12
Line count: 6
Word count: 29