Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Alle de duggvaate blomster har sennt Solen det sisste Godnat. Sanktehansormen sin lykte har tennt, sitter og lyser i krat. Sommerfugl tat sine duggsokker paa lagt sig til hvile i klokken den blaa drømmer saa deilig om solen, drømmer om duft af fiolen.
- by Andreas Grimelund Jynge (1870 - 1955) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Agathe Ursula Backer-Grøndahl (1847 - 1907), "Mot kveld", op. 42 no. 7, published 1899 [ voice and piano ], from Barnets Vaardag, no. 7 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "In the evening", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Le soir", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Elisa Rapado) , "La tarde", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 43
All the dew-damp flowers have sent To the sun their last “Good night.” The glow-worm lights her lantern, sits and illuminates the hollow. [The] butterfly puts on his socks of dew settling to rest on the bluebell Dreaming so deliciously about the sun, Dreaming of the smell of violets.
- Translation from Norwegian (Bokmål) to English copyright © 2017 by Laura Prichard, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2017-06-14
Line count: 8
Word count: 49