Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
L'amerò, sarò constante: Fido sposo, e fido amante Sol per lei sospirerò. In sì caro e dolce oggetto La mia gioia, il mio diletto, La mia pace io troverò.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Il re pastore [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Giovanni Adolfo Hasse (1699 - 1783), "L'amerò, sarò costante", 1755, first performed 1755 [ 2 flutes, 2 oboes, strings, soprano voice, continuo ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "L'amerò, sarò constante", K. 208, first performed 1775, from opera Il re pastore, no. 10 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Marike Lindhout) , "Zal haar beminnen, zal bestendig zijn", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "I shall love her. I shall be faithful.", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Jeremy Sagnier) , "Je l'aimerai, je serai constant", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Anonymous/Unidentified Artist)
Research team for this text: Marike Lindhout , Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2008-10-15
Line count: 6
Word count: 29
I shall love her, I shall be faithful, A loyal husband and constant lover. I shall only sigh for her. In such a dear and sweet object, I shall find my joy, my delight, and my peace.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2018 by Andrew Schneider, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Il re pastore
This text was added to the website: 2018-08-14
Line count: 6
Word count: 37