Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Sommerträume ihr, purpurne Abende ... Odins waltender Speer Teilt die Wolkenbahn, und ein letzter Goldblitz flammt durch Luft und Land. Asgards heilige Hallen krönen den Himmel Blühende Götter wandeln in seliger Jugend Über die funkelnden Gefilde des Lichts. Sommertraüme ihr: purpurne Abende.
- by Franz Evers (1871 - 1947) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Alban Maria Johannes Berg (1885 - 1935), "Heiliger Himmel", 1900-1 [ voice and piano ], from Jugendlieder, Vol. I (1901-04), no. 1 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Michael P. Rosewall) , "The holy firmament", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Cieux saints", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Bertram Kottmann
Text added to the website: 2011-06-03 00:00:00
Last modified: 2020-01-05 13:20:18
Line count: 8
Word count: 42
You summer dreams, amethyst evenings… Odin, wielding his spear, Cleaving the clouds, and a final Bolt of gold flaming through sky and land. Asgard’s holy halls surmount the heavens And luminous gods wander in blessed youth About the sparkling fields of light. You summer dreams, amethyst evenings…
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2020 by Michael P. Rosewall, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2020-01-04 00:00:00
Last modified: 2020-01-04 13:42:48
Line count: 8
Word count: 47