— This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by George Gordon Noel Byron, Lord Byron (1788 - 1824), "On Jordan's Banks", appears in Hebrew Melodies, no. 6, first published 1815
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Georg Schumann (1866 - 1952), "An den Ufern des Jordans", op. 17 (3 Lieder) no. 2, published 1896 [voice and piano], Leipzig, F. E. C. Leuckart
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Franz Theremin (1780 - 1846) , "Jordans Ufer", appears in Hebräische Gesänge, first published 1820 FRE ; composed by Johann Karl Gottfried Loewe.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE ; composed by Max Bruch.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Karl Julius Körner (1793 - 1873) , "Racheruf", appears in Israelitische Gesänge, no. 6 ENG FRE ; composed by Heinrich August Marschner.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Adolf Böttger (1815 - 1870) , "Am Jordan schweift", appears in Hebräische Melodien, no. 6, first published 1841 FRE ; composed by Karl Müller.
This page was added to the website: 2009-04-05