Wir sassen am Wasser in Thränen . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Adolf Böttger (1815 - 1870)
- a text in English by George Gordon Noel Byron, Lord Byron (1788 - 1824), "By the rivers of Babylon we sat down and wept", appears in Hebrew Melodies, no. 14, first published 1815
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Carl Georg Peter Grädener (1812 - 1883), "Wir sassen am Wasser in Thränen", op. 15 no. 5, published 1886 [duet for 2 female voices with piano], from Hebräische Gesänge von Lord Byron, no. 5, Leipzig, Breitkopf & Härtel
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Franz Theremin (1780 - 1846) , "An den Wassern zu Babel", appears in Hebräische Gesänge, first published 1820 FRE ; composed by M. Henle, Johann Karl Gottfried Loewe.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE ; composed by Ferruccio Busoni.
Text added to the website: 2009-04-05 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:16
Line count: 0
Word count: 0