Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Gleichwie auf dunklem Grunde Der Friedensbogen blüht, So durch die böse Stunde Versöhnend geht das Lied.
W. Fortner sets lines 2-4
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Josef Karl Benedikt von Eichendorff (1788 - 1857), "Spruch II", appears in Gedichte, in 2. Sängerleben [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Franz Burkhart (1902 - 1978), "Spruch" [men's chorus a cappella], from Drei Sprüche von der Musik, no. 2. [text not verified]
- by Wolfgang Fortner (1907 - 1987), "Der Friedensbogen blüht
", lines 2-4 [mixed chorus], from Sprüche von Joseph von Eichendorff, no. 4. [text verified 1 time]
- by Hans Erich Pfitzner (1869 - 1949), "Spruch 2 aus "Sängerleben"", op. 28, Heft 2 no. 6 [bass], from Von deutscher Seele - Teil II - Leben und Singen, no. 6. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Meditazione 2 dalla "Vita di poeta"", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title 1: "Maxim", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Linda Godry
Text added to the website: 2008-06-04 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:43
Line count: 4
Word count: 16
Come dalla scura terra sboccia l'arcobaleno, così nei più tristi momenti procura conforto un canto sereno.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2009 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Josef Karl Benedikt von Eichendorff (1788 - 1857), "Spruch II", appears in Gedichte, in 2. Sängerleben
Text added to the website: 2009-09-01 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:20
Line count: 4
Word count: 16