Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
T'intendo, sì, mio cor, Con tanto palpitar! So che ti vuoi lagnar, Che amante sei. Ah! taci il tuo dolor, Ah! soffri il tuo martir Tacilo, tacilo e non tradir L'affetti miei, l'affetti1 miei!
About the headline (FAQ)View original text (without footnotes)
1 sometimes "gli affetti"
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827), "T'intendo, sì", op. 82 (Vier Arietten und ein Duett) no. 2 (1810), also set in German (Deutsch) [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Gaetano Donizetti (1797 - 1848), "La voce del core" [duet] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Vincenzo Righini (1756 - 1812), "T'intendo sì, mio cor", op. 7 no. 11, from Dodici Ariette, no. 11 [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE SPA ; composed by Ludwig van Beethoven.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Linda Godry) , "I hear you , oh my heart", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Uri Liebrecht) , "I hear you well, my heart", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "I hear you, yes, my heart", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Linda Godry) , "Ich verstehe/höre dich mein Herz", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Juan Henríquez Concepción) , "Te entiendo, si, corazón mío", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 34
Te entiendo, corazón mío, si de tanto palpitar te quieres quejar, que eres amante. ¡Ah! Acalla tu dolor; ¡Ah! Sufre tu martirio; Cállalo, y no traiciones mis afectos.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to Spanish (Español) copyright © 2010 by Juan Henríquez Concepción, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Juan Henríquez Concepción. We have no current contact information for the copyright-holder.
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio
This text was added to the website: 2010-06-01
Line count: 8
Word count: 28