Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Réveille-toi, réveille-toi, perdrix mignonne, Ouvre au matin tes ailes. Trois grains de beauté, mon cœur en est brûlé! Vois le ruban d'or que je t'apporte, Pour le nouer autour de tes cheveux. Si tu veux, ma belle, viens nous marier! Dans nos deux familles, tous sont alliés!
- by Michel Dimitri Calvocoressi (1877 - 1944) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Maurice Ravel (1875 - 1937), "Chanson de la mariée", M. A. 9 no. 1 (1904-6) [voice and piano], from Cinq mélodies populaires grecques, no. 1. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "The song to the bride", copyright ©
- GER German (Deutsch) (Maria Th. Langsch) , title 1: "Das Lied der Braut", 2004, copyright © 2004 by M. Th. Langsch, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Alfredo García) , title 1: "El sueño de la novia", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Canzone della sposa", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- HUN Hungarian (Magyar) (Tamás Dániel Csűry) , title 1: "Az ifjú menyasszony ébredése", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 47
Svegliati, svegliati, uccelletto mio, spalanca le tue ali al mattino. Tre piccoli nei, mi bruciano il cuore! Vedi questo nastro dorato che ti porto, serve per annodarti i capelli. Se, vuoi, amor mio, sposiamoci! Nelle nostre famiglie, sono sposati tutti!
- Translation from French (Français) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2010-09-06
Line count: 8
Word count: 40