Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Là-bas, vers l'église, Vers l'église Ayio Sidéro, L'église, ô Vierge sainte, L'église Ayio Costanndino, Se sont réunis, Rassemblés en nombre infini, Du monde, ô Vierge sainte, Du monde tous les plus braves!
- by Michel Dimitri Calvocoressi (1877 - 1944) [an adaptation] [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Maurice Ravel (1875 - 1937), "Là-bas, vers l'église", M. A. 9 no. 2 (1904-6) [voice and piano], from Cinq mélodies populaires grecques, no. 2. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Yonder by the Church", copyright ©
- GER German (Deutsch) (Maria Th. Langsch) , title 1: "Dort unten bei der Kirche", 2004, copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Alfredo García) , title 1: "Allá lejos, hacia la iglesia", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Laggiù, presso la chiesa", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- HUN Hungarian (Magyar) (Tamás Dániel Csűry) , title 1: "Amott, a templomnál", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 32
Laggiù, presso la chiesa, la chiesa di Ayo Sidéro, E la chiesa, o Santa Vergine, La chiesa Ayo Costanndino, Si sono riuniti, riuniti in numero infinito, Del mondo, o Vergine Santa, del mondo i più valorosi!
- Translation from French (Français) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in French (Français) by Michel Dimitri Calvocoressi (1877 - 1944) [an adaptation]
This text was added to the website: 2010-09-06
Line count: 8
Word count: 36