Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Ô joie de mon âme, Joie de mon coeur, Trésor qui m'est si cher ; Joie de l'âme et du cœur, Toi que j'aime ardemment, Tu es plus beau qu'un ange. Ô lorsque tu parais, Ange si doux Devant nos yeux, Comme un bel ange blond, Sous le clair soleil, Hélas ! tous nos pauvres cœurs soupirent !
- by Michel Dimitri Calvocoressi (1877 - 1944) [an adaptation] [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Philippe Hersant (b. 1948), "Chanson des cueilleuses de lentisques", subtitle: "D'après Maurice RAVEL", 2008 [mixed chorus of 12 voices], Éditions Durand [ sung text not verified ]
- by Maurice Ravel (1875 - 1937), "Chanson des cueilleuses de lentisques", M. A. 9 no. 4 (1904-6) [voice and piano], from Cinq mélodies populaires grecques, no. 4. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "The Song of the Girls Collecting Mastic", copyright ©
- GER German (Deutsch) (Maria Th. Langsch) , title 1: "Das Lied der Mastix - Sammlerinnen", 2004, copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Alfredo García) , title 1: "Canción de las recolectoras de lentiscos", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Canzone delle raccoglitrici di lentischio", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- HUN Hungarian (Magyar) (Tamás Dániel Csűry) , title 1: "A pisztáciaszedőnők dala", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 12
Word count: 58
Delizia dell'anima mia, allegria del mio cuore, tesoro a me tanto caro; del cuore e dell'anima gioia, tu che ardentemente io amo, sei, più di un angelo, bello. Quando tu ti presenti, con dolce angelico aspetto, davanti allo sguardo, con la tua chioma bionda, sotto il sole che splende, Ah, quanto ci fai sospirare!
- Translation from French (Français) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in French (Français) by Michel Dimitri Calvocoressi (1877 - 1944) [an adaptation]
This text was added to the website: 2010-09-06
Line count: 12
Word count: 54