Sein Bahrtuch weiss wie Bergesschnee . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist, appears in Hamlet and misattributed to William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616)
- by Eduard Lassen (1830 - 1904), "Sein Bahrtuch weiss wie Bergesschnee", op. 74 (Drei Lieder für 1 Stimme mit Pianofortebegleitung) no. 1b, published 1883 [ soprano and piano ], from 7 Ophelia-Lieder aus Hamlet für Sopran, no. 2, Breslau, Hainauer
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by August Wilhelm Schlegel (1767 - 1845) FRE FRE ITA POL ; composed by Johannes Brahms.
- Also set in Polish (Polski), a translation by Krystyn Ostrowski (1811 - 1882) FRE GER ; composed by Stanisław Moniuszko.
This page was added to the website: 2010-09-29