Parle-moi, mon amour. Dis-moi en mots que tu chantais . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by Rabindranath Tagore (1861 - 1941), no title, appears in The Gardener, no. 29, first published 1915
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Patrick Burgan (b. 1960), "Soupirs", 2001 [vocal sextet]
- by Thierry Machuel (b. 1962), "Nocturne", 2001 [chorus]
- by Philippe Schœller (b. 1957), "Le jardinier d'amour", 2001 [chorus]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Jan Śliwiński (1884 - 1950) , appears in Der Gärtner, no. 29, first published 1916 ENG FRE ITA ITA POL ; composed by Johann Móry, Alexander Zemlinsky.
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist [an adaptation] ENG FRE GER GER POL ; composed by Franco Alfano.
- Also set in Polish (Polski), a translation by Jan Kasprowicz (1860 - 1926) , first published 1923 ENG FRE GER GER ITA ; composed by Grażyna Bacewicz.
Text added to the website: 2010-11-10 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:07
Line count: 0
Word count: 0