— This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Margaret Ruthven Lang (1867 - 1972), "Sappho's prayer to Aphrodite", op. 24 (Three arias for voice and orchestra) no. 1, first performed 1895 [contralto and orchestra]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Helen Maude Francesca Bantock, née von Schweitzer (1868 - 1961) , copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission [an adaptation] FRE GER GER GER ; composed by Granville Ransome Bantock, Sir.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Walter Jens (b. 1923) , copyright © [an adaptation] ENG FRE ; composed by Aribert Reimann.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Carl von Blankensee ENG FRE ; composed by Johann Karl Gottfried Loewe.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Rudolf Bach (1901 - 1957) , copyright © ENG ENG FRE ; composed by Hermann Reutter.
This page was added to the website: 2012-05-20