Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
La tarde equivocada se vistió de frío. Detrás de los cristales, turbios, todos los niños, ven convertirse en pájaros un árbol amarillo. La tarde está tendida a lo largo del río. Y un rubor de manzana tiembla en los tejadillos.
- by Federico García Lorca (1898 - 1936), "Paisaje", appears in Canciones, in Canciones para niños, first published 1921-4 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Suzanne Baron Supervielle (1910 - 2004), "Paisaje", 1940 [voice and piano], from Cuatro Canciones de Federico García Lorca, no. 4. [text not verified]
- by Xavier Montsalvatge (1912 - 2002), "Paisaje", 1953, published 1953 [voice and piano], from Canciones para niños, no. 1. [text verified 1 time]
- by Ernst Widmer (1927 - 1990), "Paisaje", op. 15 no. 2 (1957), first performed 1958 [mezzo-soprano and piano], from Letztes, no. 2. [text not verified]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Jennifer Capaldo) , title 1: "Landscape", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Paysage", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2010-05-03
Line count: 10
Word count: 40
The afternoon mistakenly got dressed in cold. Behind the misted windows, all the children see a yellow tree turn into birds. The afternoon is stretched along the river. And a red flush of apple trembles on the rooftops.
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to English copyright © 2012 by Jennifer Capaldo, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Jennifer Capaldo.  Contact: capaldojr (AT) longwood (DOT) eduIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
- a text in Spanish (Español) by Federico García Lorca (1898 - 1936), "Paisaje", appears in Canciones, in Canciones para niños, first published 1921-4
This text was added to the website: 2012-08-27
Line count: 10
Word count: 38