— This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. —
- Singable translation by Maude Valérie White (1855 - 1937)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Friedrich von Schiller (1759 - 1805), "Des Mädchens Klage", written 1798, first published 1799
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Maude Valérie White (1855 - 1937), "I have lived and loved", published 1884 ; 1888? [ voice and piano ], from New Albums of Songs with German and English Words, Volume 2, no. 7, London: Chappell & Co. ; and later London: Pitt & Hatzfeld, also set in German (Deutsch)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Danish (Dansk), a translation by Adam Gottlob Oehlenschläger (1779 - 1850) [an adaptation] ; composed by Christopher Ernst Friedrich Weyse.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Robert de Bonnières (1850 - 1905) , "Schiller : La plainte de la jeune fille" ; composed by Vincent d'Indy.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Vasily Andreyevich Zhukovsky (1783 - 1852) , "Тоска по милом", written 1807 [an adaptation] ; composed by Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Aliabev, Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka, A. A. Pleshcheyev, Aleksei Nikolayevich Verstovsky, Mikhail Yur'yevich Viel'gorsky, Zinaida Aleksandrovna Volkonskaya.
This page was added to the website: 2013-07-12