Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Willst Du immer weiter schweifen? Sieh, das Gute liegt so nah. Lerne nur das Glück ergreifen, Denn das Glück ist immer da.
- by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832), "Erinnerung", written 1789, first published 1827 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Wilhelm Furtwängler (1886 - 1954), "Erinnerung", 1897 [voice and piano], unpublished ; manuscripts are in the Zurich Central Library [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Theodor Heinrich Gerlach (1861 - 1940), "Erinnerung", op. 6 (Zwölf kleine Lieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 12, published 1885 [voice and piano], Leipzig, Schuberth & Co. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Georg Gerson (1790 - 1825), "Erinnerung", G. 27 (1809) [vocal quartet for 2 sopranos and 2 tenors a cappella], canon [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Johann Friedrich Reichardt (1752 - 1814), "Erinnerung", published 1809. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Hans August Friedrich Zincke genannt Sommer (1837 - 1922), "Erinnerung", 1922 [voice and piano], confirmed with a CD booklet [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Louis [Ludwig] Spohr (1784 - 1859), "Erinnerung", 1817 [vocal quartet for male voices], from Kanon für 4 Männerstimmen [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Václav Jan Křtitel Tomášek (1774 - 1850), "Erinnerung", op. 61 (Gedichte von Goethe: IX) no. 2 (1815?). [vocal trio for soprano, tenor, and bass, with piano] [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- HUN Hungarian (Magyar) (Tamás Rédey) , "Emlékkönyvbe", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website: 2007-11-21 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:30
Line count: 4
Word count: 22
Akarsz-e még kóborolni? Nézd, a sok jó oly közel. Tanulj csak itt megragadni, S úgy szerencséd átölel.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Hungarian (Magyar) copyright © 2015 by Tamás Rédey, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832), "Erinnerung", written 1789, first published 1827
Text added to the website: 2015-01-19 00:00:00
Last modified: 2015-01-19 20:33:54
Line count: 4
Word count: 17