Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Ognuno sta solo sul cuor della terra trafitto da un raggio di sole; ed è sùbito sera.
- by Salvatore Quasimodo (1901 - 1968) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ferenc Farkas (1905 - 2000), "Ed è subito sera", 1990 [baritone and violoncello], from Minuti, no. 5, unpublished [text not verified]
- by Bernard Rands (b. 1935), "Ed è sùbito sera", published 1980, first performed 1981 [soprano and piano], from Canti lunatici, no. 1, London : Universal Edition [text verified 1 time]
- by Bernard Rands (b. 1935), "Ed è sùbito sera", from Canti del sole, no. 14. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Et soudain c'est le soir", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:46
Line count: 3
Word count: 17
Chacun se tient seul au cœur du monde transpercé par un rayon de soleil : et soudain c'est le soir
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2015 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2015-06-18 00:00:00
Last modified: 2015-06-18 14:49:39
Line count: 3
Word count: 20