Mio ben, ricordati, Se avvien ch'io mora, Quanto quest' anima Fedel t' amò. Io, se pur amano Le fredde ceneri, Nell' urna ancora Ti adorerò.
M. Glinka sets stanza 1
About the headline (FAQ)View text with footnotes
Confirmed with Tutte le opere di Pietro Metastasio, Firenze, Tipografia Borghi e compagni 1832, page 96-97.
The text appears in Alessandro nell'Indie, atto III, scena VII (Gandarte's aria).
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, no title, written 1729, appears in Alessandro nell'Indie [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Karl Collan (1828 - 1871), "Canzonetta" [ voice and piano ] [sung text not yet checked]
- by Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka (1804 - 1857), "Mio ben ricordati", stanza 1, also set in Russian (Русский) [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Georg Friedrich Händel (1685 - 1759), "Mio ben, ricordati", HWV 28, first performed 1731 [ strings, alto or tenor voice, and continuo ], from opera Poro, re dell'Indie [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Mio ben ricordati", D 688 no. 4 (1820), published 1871 [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Gaspare Luigi Pacifico Spontini (1774 - 1851), "Mio ben, ricordati", subtitle: "Arietta", 1846 [ voice and piano ], Aux Abonnés de la Critique Musicale [...] under the title "La separazione" [sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893) ; composed by Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (T. P. (Peter) Perrin) , "Remember, my beloved", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Mon amour, rappelle-toi", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Richard Morris , Peter Rastl [Guest Editor] , Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 25