Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Auch in der Ferne dir so nah! Und unerwartet kommt die Qual. Da hör ich wieder dich einmal. Auf einmal bist du wieder da!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832), no title, appears in West-östlicher Divan, in 8. Buch Suleika -- Suleika Nameh, first published 1818 [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Michael P. Rosewall) , title 1: "To Suleika", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "À Souleika", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:30
Line count: 4
Word count: 24
Ook ver weg ben ik jou nabij! En onverwacht dan komt de pijn. Dan hoor ‘k je praten: o, wat fijn! Opeens weer ben jij toch bij mij!
About the headline (FAQ)Translation of title "An Suleika" = "Aan Suleika"
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2017 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832), no title, appears in West-östlicher Divan, in 8. Buch Suleika -- Suleika Nameh, first published 1818
Text added to the website: 2017-06-08 00:00:00
Last modified: 2017-06-08 10:36:11
Line count: 4
Word count: 28